The "Damages" that are recoverable can be found in the Illinois Pattern Jury Instructions:
- (physical) pain and (mental) suffering;
- disability/loss of normal life;
- aggravation of preexisting ailment or condition (not an element of damages, but a consideration);
- increased risk of future harm;
- past and future pain and suffering;
- emotional distress;
- reasonable expense of necessary medical care, treatment, and services, past and present;
- lost earnings or profits and those reasonably certain to be lost in the future; and
- reasonable and necessary caretaking expenses, present and future;
- lost chance doctrine.
An accomplished medical malpractice attorney will be able to take the facts of your case, and turn them into an argument for deserved compensation. If you suspect that you have been injured because of medical malpractice, contact an attorney at The Law Offices of Adam J. Zayed, P.C. today.